Position Details: Team Leader - independent Living Options
Team Leader – Independent Living Day Program (ILO)
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 3:30 pm, 35 hours per week
Independent Living Team Leader provides direct support, guidance, and coordination
of services for individuals including planning, prioritizing, and monitoring of
Individual Service Plans; providing training and support for staff; ensuring
procedures are followed in regards to specific activities such as life skills
development and leisure.
- Participate in the development and
implementation of staffing model in consultation with ILO Coordinator
- Participate in the hiring process
- Supervise regular/relief staff,
practicum students, volunteers
- Conduct staff orientations, training,
evaluation, feedback, and ongoing support needs.
- Review, implement, and provide
training and monitoring of Individualized Service Plans, positive procedures and restrictive procedures.
- Provide direct care and services to
individuals as required.
- Provide advocacy, personal and health
care services for individuals in consultation with family/guardians.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and
- Assist and support team with daily routines
- Create & maintain schedule for individuals and staff including
- Develop a working understanding of the support needs of the
individuals supported in the ILO department
- Work in partnership with other Team Leaders and all CDP’s to ensure
quality support for all individuals in the ILO department
- Monitoring medication procedures
- Conflict resolution and Team building
- Report to the ILO Coordinator
- Disabilities Studies Diploma or
- Leadership Skills – the ability to
inspire, motivate, and develop a team of individuals to promote independence
for the individuals we support.
- Familiar with accessing Community Supports such as Public
- Ability to deal with complex
- Creative Skills- the ideal candidate
will be able to imagine innovative and unique ways to effectively deliver first
class service to our individuals in support.
- Strong Verbal and Written
- Valid Drivers License, registration
and 2 Million 3rd party liability insurance.
- Ability to communicate effectively
with peers, staff members, family members and guardians to ensure transparency
and consistency in support.
- Positive attitude with a friendly and outgoing nature.
- Legally able to work in Canada
Qualified applicants can submit an up to date resume and cover
letter to HR-Recruitment@robinhoodassoc.com. Robin Hood would like to thank all
applicants, however only successful candidates will be contacted.