Position: Community Disability Worker
Location: Sherwood Park Day Program
Hours: Monday - Friday, various hours
*Please attach a cover letter indicating your availabilty*
The Robin Hood Association is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing high quality and innovative services to children and adults with developmental disabilities in Sherwood Park and Fort Saskatchewan.
The Robin Hood Association is currently seeking qualified Community Disabilities Workers who have a passion about making a difference in the lives of others. The role is critical to the success of the individuals supported and requires a positive attitude that acknowledges the gifts and talents of those with disabilities.
What can you look forward to at Robin Hood?
· • Employee benefits for eligible staff, including a pension-matching program
· • Mentoring, paid training, and opportunities for career advancement/growth
· • Flexible hours
· • Work that is engaging, challenging, and rewarding, making a real difference in the lives of others
· • Support individuals to complete daily tasks while encouraging independence and positive choices
· • Perform or assist with personal care and administration of medication
· • Support individuals on social, community, and employment outings
· • Encourage individuals to pursue healthy living, fitness, and recreational activities
· • Report to the Community Disabilities Practitioner and/or Team Leader
· • Adhere to Robin Hood’s Policies and Procedures
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education (preferably in a related field: Education or Disability Studies Degree; Rehabilitation Practitioner Diploma; Foundations in Community Disability Studies). Related experience may be considered in place of educational accreditation where appropriate.
· • 1-2 years of experience in supporting individuals with disabilities
· • Must be outgoing, friendly and possess a positive and professional attitude, with demonstrated willingness to learn new concepts; be open to change; provide feedback and work as an effective team player.
· • Valid Alberta Driver’s License, access to a reliable and road-safe vehicle and proof of 3rd Party Liability Insurance in the amount of $2,000,000. The ability to transport individuals in a personal vehicle may be required in some locations.
· • Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
· • Provision of a clear Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector Check completed) and a clear Child Intervention Check – these documents must be current or dated no further than 6 months prior to your application.
If you are interested in the position and meet the above criteria, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
HR-Recruitment@robinhoodassoc.com. Please visit our website at: www.robinhoodassoc.com to learn more about our organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.